A blog maintained by Tevita Kete, PGR Officer
Secretariat of the Pacific Community (SPC), Suva, Fiji Islands
This weblog documents the activities of Pacific Agricultural Genetic Resources Network (PAPGREN), along with other information on plant genetic resources (PGR) in the Pacific.
The myriad varieties found within cultivated plants are fundamental to the present and future productivity of agriculture. PAPGREN, which is coordinated by the Land Resources Division of the Secretariat of the Pacific Community (SPC), helps Pacific countries and territories to conserve their crop genetic diversity sustainably, with technical assistance from the Bioversity International (BI) and support from NZAID and ACIAR.
SPC also hosts the Centre of Pacific Crops and Trees (CEPaCT). The CEPaCT maintains regional in vitro collections of crops important to the Pacific and carries out research on tissue culture technology. The CEPaCT Adviser is Dr Mary Taylor (MaryT@spc.int), the CEPaCT Curator is Ms Valerie Tuia (ValerieT@spc.int).
PAPGREN coordination and support
Mr William Wigmore
Mr Adelino S. Lorens
Dr Lois Englberger
Mr Apisai Ucuboi
Dr Maurice Wong
Mr Tianeti Beenna Ioane
Mr Frederick Muller
Mr Herman Francisco
Ms Rosa Kambuou
Ms Laisene Samuelu
Mr Jimi Saelea
Mr Tony Jansen
Mr Finao Pole
Mr Frazer Bule Lehi
Interested in GIS?
Monday, May 03, 2004
Posted 2:39 PM by Luigi
Musa Germplasm Information System (MGIS) on-line
MGIS is hosted by the SINGER server at the following url: http://mgis.grinfo.net. This on-line database offers access to the information recorded by curators of 16 institutions holding a Musa field or in vitro collection, including PNG and Australia in the Pacific region (see list below). The in vitro collection of the INIBAP Transit Centre is recorded in this database along with the availability of material for exchange and records of shipments made to partners.
· Australia, Queensland Dept of Primary Industries (QDPI), South Johnstone research station
· Belgium, INIBAP Transit Centre
· Cameroon, Centre africain de recherches sur bananiers et plantains (CARBAP), Nyombe
· France, CIRAD-Guadeloupe research station
· Honduras, Fundación Hondureña de Investigación Agricola (FHIA)
· India, National Research Center on Banana (NRCB), Trichy research station
· India, Indian Institute of Horticultural Research (IIHR), Bangalore
· India, Kerala Agricultural University Banana Res. Station (KAU), Thrissur
· Indonesia, Research Institute for Fruits (RIF), Agency for Agricultural Res. and Development, Solok
· Kenya, Kenya Agricultural Research Institute (KARI), Kisii
· Nigeria, International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA), Onne
· Papua New Guinea, Department of Agriculture and Livestock, Laloki research station
· Philippines, Bureau of Plant Industry (BPI), Davao, field collection
· Republic of China, South China Agricultural University (SCAU)
· Uganda, National Agricultural Research Organization (NARO), Kawanda
· Vietnam, Phu Ho Fruit Crop Research Center (FCRC)
* Comments:Post a Comment
Agrobiodiversity Weblog: For discussions of conservation and sustainable use of the genetic resources of crops, livestock and their wild relatives.